Getting custom prop / Surface Area through API

How do I get the resolved value of a custom property through the API? I'm trying to grab the value for the surface area for a part through a
macro (not a VB project).
I can get the "value" of the custom prop just fine, but cant figure out how to get the resolved value.
The CustomPropertyManager::Get2 function is not doing it for me, or maybe I just dont have the syntax right.
Any help appreciated!
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Maybe you mean this? retval = ModelDoc2.GetCustomInfoValue ( configuration, FieldName )
--

regards

Markku Lehtola
Man, why couldn't I find that earlier????
Thanks - it worked great!