High CPU usage

Hi Guys,

Recently I was having trouble working with SWX2005. When I login; It works fine for 10-15 min but after that even if I just try to change the diamension or try to zoom in the CPU usage zooms to 100% and remains there for a while. If any of u guys have experienced such a problem and figured out the solution ; Can u please post it here.

Thanking you,

Vishal

Reply to
perecy

Brian

Try running some benchmarks and see if it occurs then:

If it does you likely have a SW problem or a system problem.

Reply to
TOP

Hi

My computer has 1 gig ram. Its Windows 2000 and the processor is AMD Athalon 64. I also noticed one thing that although CPU usage zooms to 100% It is only using 1/3 of ram.

Thanks for reply

Vishal

T> Try running some benchmarks and see if it occurs then:

Reply to
perecy

I had a similar thing going on after I installed SP4 for SW2005. I ran Norton Utilities and had it do a registry check. After it fixed the registry things ran much faster. You may want to get a registry checking program and run that.

Reply to
YouGoFirst

Search for XPTC and follow the guidelines in there. They also point you to a registry checking program.

Reply to
TOP