Hole wizzard-how to remove a custom standard?

I was trying to create a new hole class for Time-Sert thread insert. so went to tools options, data options, Edit Standards Data, For the New Standard Name I input "Time-Sert". then i selected the derived standard but acidently hit torrington, I need to remove this custom standard. System won't let me use the name "Time-Sert"as a name again. I looked around in program files and under Common Files, Solidworks Data, Browser, found the Tims-Sert..... folder the system created. I deleted this.Alas no joy system still will not let me use "Time-Sert" as a New Standard Name. Where else is the system storing this name? Need Help on this one.

Reply to
Ronan

Be very, very careful about this. If done correctly, no harm will befall the system. The only forseeable problem would be with SolidWorks.

Create a System Restore Point, Just In Case

Go to START>RUN and type in regedit Under EDIT click FIND Type in Time-Sert When an instance is found, delete ONLY ONLY that piece of data, in the Right pane

The key can also be exported (saved) by right clicking the open file it belongs to and selecting export. This way, it can be MERGED back if there is a problem Continue searching through the registry for any remaining entries by pressing the F3 key If the export option is persued the files would be individual.

D C

Reply to
I.M. Agamon

Thank You, Would never have thought of searching the Registry Did a search.Found one refereance to "Time-Sert" buried somewhere in

Hkey_users, .........................................., Search assistant, 5603 name type data

000 Reg_SZ time 001 REG_SZ Time_sert 002 REG_SZ.....

006 " tabs*1*.*

tihs looks like an area of the registry that stores what has been searched for what exactly should I edit/delete?

Reply to
Ronan

Sorry for the dely. I was on vacation, plus a family crisis. Delete the "001 REG_SZ Time_sert" in the RIGHT panel. If this doesn't solve the problem, then the name was written to a database file or DLL. With these, you'll need help from SolidWorks to dig it out.

Reply to
I.M. Agamon