Hotkeys list

As the "official" (we all have our burdens...) keeper of the hotkeys list, I have just gone through SW2006 to ferret out the changes in the hotkeys and have posted my updated list at:

The changes I found are thus:

Spell Check - F7 (If you have a drawing active at the time of looking in the Tools/Customize area, you will find this one listed under Tools. If you have a part or assy open, you will find it in the Others category.

The interesting one of h has now gone from 21 to 23 commands that show this as their hotkey. I still haven't gotten an answer from SW on what's going on with this one, but it grows with each new version. Just think - some day all of them will be the same - easier to remember! :-)

There are still a few things I don't agree with, but they may never change - so be it.

Remember, the Copy Options Wizard was improved for 2005, and in conjunction with that, the hotkeys are now stored in the registry under an area called Custom Accelerators. I haven't figured out all the details of the key structure & values, but that's where they are. So, that means the Wizard can output the hotkeys also. Yeah! If you haven't looked at the Wizard for 2005, it's worth taking a gander. It will output all the custom settings, toolbar info, hotkeys, etc and let you choose what to output.

If you would like to pick up all my hotkeys and stuff them into your system, you can go to

and grab the hotkeys file.

Let me know of any additions or corrections.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany