how do I merge lines in a sketch?

I guess I'm special.....
How do I merge two lines in a sketch? For instance, I have two centerlines because I imported stuff from another sketch. I make the lines coincident
and erase one but then I lose some dimensions. I would like to make the two lines one line so that I don't lose the realationships.
Thanks.
"Repair Sketch" in the "2D to 3D" toolbar can have this effect on collinear lines with common endpoint.
Thank you.