How to Change files from SW to catia and from Catia to SW

CAn some one please tell me how can I open SW file on Catia and the other way around Thanks Ray

Reply to
Ray Gonzalez

You can't is the simple answer.

There are service bureaus and utilities that can do some translation, but in general this is one of the more difficult translations to do. SolidWorks and Catia don't really get along well.

Believe it or not, one good reason to buy DesignStar FEA is that a Catia translator is available for it at extra cost. But this still only gets you dumb solid transfer.

Ray G> CAn some one please tell me how can I open SW file on Catia and the other > way around

Reply to
TOP

You can't is the simple answer.

There are service bureaus and utilities that can do some translation, but in general this is one of the more difficult translations to do. SolidWorks and Catia don't really get along well.

Believe it or not, one good reason to buy DesignStar FEA is that a Catia translator is available for it at extra cost. But this still only gets you dumb solid transfer.

Ray G> CAn some one please tell me how can I open SW file on Catia and the other > way around

Reply to
TOP

Ray,

"If" it's Catia V5, and "If" you have access to both systems then use STEP.

If it's Catia V4, then there is no easy, or free, solution.

Mark

Reply to
MM

For Catia files, I use a pair of products called FormatWorks & 3DTransvidia, both from Capvidia.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

You mean changing the extension doesn't work for you guys?

;o)

Wayne Tiffany wrote:

Reply to
matt

Oh, yea, I forgot about that one.........

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Give these extensions a try:

*.ahl *das *.fsh *.osh *.;-)

Kman

Reply to
Kman

We outsourced this to Mathdata.com. We would get large auto interior console models that were difficult to translate and clean up. Outsourcing to Mathdata was a little pricey, but was a savings vs. man-hours wasted on cruddy translations.

Reply to
That70sTick