I need to get 72 phot renders done over the next few weeks

Does anyone have suggestions on how to automate the process? Also would this work when using a plug-in like Maxwell? I have a studio setup for Photoworks that I have had success with for a small run of renders but not for a large number. If anyone has had success automating renderings/Solidworks process, or running Maxwell/Photoworks over a network I would appreciate your advice.

Reply to
parel

Does anyone have suggestions on how to automate the process? Also would this work when using a plug-in like Maxwell? I have a studio setup for Photoworks that I have had success with for a small run of renders but not for a large number. If anyone has had success automating renderings/Solidworks process, or running Maxwell/Photoworks over a network I would appreciate your advice.

Reply to
parel

Are the renders all of the same product? I guess a better question is, will all be of the same file? If they are you might be able to have SW animator cycle trough the the different views and render each one?

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

By the way, I've seen your stuff over at Product Design Forums.....some really nice work...love your stuff.

Reply to
Rob Rodriguez

wow-not only two identical topics but two identical posts..yeesh!

Rob- thanks for the compliment! Well - unfortunately I have 68 separate files to render. Fortunately- they are organized into families-- appox.

3 similar concepts are grouped in 23 assys. They are all modeled around the origin, so that I can toggle visibility and render. There are some common materials, and some custom textures. I was hoping to texture them during the day, put them into a proven studio and have them render at night, over the network using Maxwell, or barring that Photoworks. I have limited time during the day, and I need to sleep, so I was hoping that someone would have a few pointers!

Perhaps I can toggle visibility of the parts in Animator that Photoworks can render? not sure. I dont have plenty of Animator experience so this will take some experimentation.

Reply to
parel

if you have set them up ready to render why not just ask for some groupies here to render 5-6 each for you - may be for a small reward ;o)

Reply to
neil

Hi Parel,

Have you asked these questions on the Maxwell forum?

I've been somewhat busy over the past few weeks, so haven't had much time to try out Maxwell V1 other than a few test renders so I can't offer to much advice. Not sure if render queing is working with V1.

John Layne

John Layne

Forgot to add one of the test renders I did with Maxwell the other day was the Mouse from your surfacing tutorial on the Product design forum. mainly to test the new multi-light functionality of Maxwell. I love that feature

Tips if using Maxwell (which you probably already know)

1/ Make your lights as simple as possible ie just simple square surfaces, you will have to assign the surface normals in Maxwell Studio as you can't in SolidWorks. Simple lights will increase render speed dramatically. 2/ Use the -ml in the comand line in Studio to enable the multi-light functionality. This way you can alter the intensity of the lighting of the render file (.mxi) in real time after the render is complete, allowing you to save an infinite number of images from the .mxi file. If you have 1 or 20 lights active in the render won't affect the speed.

John Layne

"John Layne" much advice. Not sure if render queing is working with V1.

Reply to
John Layne