Insert first part in assembly fixed not working

I am trying to insert my first part in any assmbly and it is not "going to" or snapping to the origin. Is there a setting in option or tools that I have turned off?

Reply to
billyb

The only time this happens is when your template has origins hidden.

I never use this as is you just click ok once you have browsed to find the part, it will drop in at the origin automatically

Cheers, JB

Reply to
jburtonSW

When you insert your part do not click in the graphics area to place your part. Just hit the green Check Mark button after selecting your part from the file list in the Insert Part command.

If you are dragging your parts into your assembly from Windows Explorer, be sure to have your origins on and drag your part to the origin. It should snap into place.

Regards,

Anna Wood

Reply to
Anna Wood