Linux/SAMBA server & toolbox locking problem

Hey all.
I have just upgraded my win2k server at work to a Mandake 10.0 Official server running samba/winbind. As a file server, the SW file directories
are working just fine. I am having a bit of trouble with the toolbox share tho.
We are on SW2004/SP3.0. Samba is v3.0.2a. Problem is, only one user can access the toolbox at a time. I get this error from solidworks: Unable to open master database due to the following database access error: Could not lock file.
All of the directories on the server are 0775, owned by nicke:Engineering (which exist on the MSWin2k domain controller).
Any ideas why I'm having this problem? Or is this a solidworks bug that I can't do a thing about?
Except for this one problem everything else is working perfectly: sw file shares, printing, etc.
Thanks, nick e.
toolbox.ini: (T is the mapped /swtoolbox share) [Toolbox environment configuration file] Creation 04-03-22 at 15:11:26 [configuration] ToolboxPartFolder=T:\Solidworks Data
smb.conf: [global] workgroup = domain netbios name = engserv server string = Engineering Samba Server %v printcap name = cups load printers = yes printing = cups printer admin = @adm log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m max log size = 50 guest account = guest security = domain password server = 192.168.0.5 encrypt passwords = yes smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd winbind uid = 10000-20000 winbind gid = 10000-20000 winbind use default domain = yes socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUFĀ92 SO_SNDBUFĀ92 local master = no wins server = 192.168.0.5 dns proxy = no
[swtoolbox] † †path = /swtoolbox † †comment = SW Toolbox Files † †public = yes † †writable = no † †write list = @domain\Engineering administrator † †force group = domain\Engineering
[engineering] † †path = /eng1 † †comment = Engineering files † †public = yes † †writable = no † †write list = @domain\Engineering administrator † †force group = domain\Engineering
unintentional side effect.
‚úĖ
It sounds like an oplocks problem, but your smb.conf appears to be set correctly to allow oplocks, since that is the default.
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/samba/chapter/book/ch05_05.html
JTH
Nick E. wrote:

Add pictures here