Linux/SAMBA server & toolbox locking problem

Hey all.
I have just upgraded my win2k server at work to a Mandake 10.0 Official
server running samba/winbind. As a file server, the SW file directories
are working just fine. I am having a bit of trouble with the toolbox
share tho.
We are on SW2004/SP3.0. Samba is v3.0.2a. Problem is, only one user can
access the toolbox at a time. I get this error from solidworks:
Unable to open master database due to the following database access error:
Could not lock file.
All of the directories on the server are 0775, owned by
nicke:Engineering (which exist on the MSWin2k domain controller).
Any ideas why I'm having this problem? Or is this a solidworks bug that
I can't do a thing about?
Except for this one problem everything else is working perfectly: sw
file shares, printing, etc.
Thanks,
nick e.
toolbox.ini: (T is the mapped /swtoolbox share)
[Toolbox environment configuration file]
Creation=2004-03-22 at 15:11:26
[configuration]
ToolboxPartFolder=T:\Solidworks Data
smb.conf:
[global]
workgroup = domain
netbios name = engserv
server string = Engineering Samba Server %v
printcap name = cups
load printers = yes
printing = cups
printer admin = @adm
log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
max log size = 50
guest account = guest
security = domain
password server = 192.168.0.5
encrypt passwords = yes
smb passwd file = /etc/samba/smbpasswd
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = yes
local master = no
wins server = 192.168.0.5
dns proxy = no
[swtoolbox]
   path = /swtoolbox
   comment = SW Toolbox Files
   public = yes
   writable = no
   write list = @domain\Engineering administrator
   force group = domain\Engineering
[engineering]
   path = /eng1
   comment = Engineering files
   public = yes
   writable = no
   write list = @domain\Engineering administrator
   force group = domain\Engineering
Reply to
Nick E.
It sounds like an oplocks problem, but your smb.conf appears to be set correctly to allow oplocks, since that is the default.
JTH
Nick E. wrote:
Reply to
JTH