lock format sheets?

Is it possible to lock the format sheets so they cannot be changed by a user?

Not that I know if you have control of the users you can create a macro that would watch a drawing function. The only one I could seem to get to not allow you to access the sheet format was watch for a selection change and call swDraw.editsheet the only problem is you need to come up with some way of only calling "editSheet" when the sheet format is activated. I didn't see anything that would get the current sate for this. Could anyone enlighten me is the Sheet Format considered a view or something. Or is there a way to check if it is activated. I have had other instances where this would be nice to know. Someone that has more knowledge than I could refine this ability.

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich

Ok I stubled across this. This will keep users in your group from editing a template.

In the link below I explain how to set up a macro to handle the notifications of the useres in your Engineering group.

Add this to the macro. Then if you need to edit a template open the VBA editor select your event watching macro and hit stop. This isn't extremely secure but it's atleast a stepping stone will get you started. If you put this in a dll or exe it would be much more secure. You could probably add a simple password or something then.

Private Function swDrw_NewSelectionNotify() As Long

If swDrw.GetEditSheet = False Then swDrw.EditSheet Msgbox "You aren't aloud to edit Templates!" End If

End Function

Corey Scheich

Reply to
Corey Scheich