Materials Database

I recently finished a job in which I designated all channel, angle, bar,
pipe, sheet, and plate. (i.e. C Channel 8 x 11.5, A36). This seemed to
work fine and all of my materials were correct in the BOM. However, the
materials database does not sort alphabetically and now in my steel database
I have all sorts of materials in the reverse order in which they were
entered. This makes it a little difficult to find the materials I've
entered.
Is there a program which will allow us to edit the database?
How are you guys using the new material manager?
Tom
Reply to
Tom Chasteen
Hi group,
Does anybody know abt catia and unigraphics usergroups please reply me
Thank you Red
Reply to
Raj Reddy
UG's can be found at
there are a few Web Sites & "groups" that are related but not official.
CATIA has
and
probably more. Ask there.
Reply to
Cliff Huprich
How does this have anything to do with what Tom asked about... Red?
Reply to
Scott
catia:
- the best!

and Yahoo Groups - CATIA v5
Reply to
Jaro735
Tom,
Back to the original question...
It looks like the material database is an XML file which could be edited with an XML-editing program or even in a text-editor if you're brave. Do a RMB "Open with" on the file name since otherwise Win Explorer won't know what to do with a ".sldmat" file extension (just pick NotePad for starters to get a feel for the general layout). You might want to create a new database to play around with to avoid putting the primary one at risk since this is going around the intended safeguards.
-- Brenda
Reply to
Brenda D. Bosley
Brenda,
Thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.
Wish me luck.
Tom
Reply to
Tom Chasteen