Materials Database

I recently finished a job in which I designated all channel, angle, bar, pipe, sheet, and plate. (i.e. C Channel 8 x 11.5, A36). This seemed to work fine and all of my materials were correct in the BOM. However, the materials database does not sort alphabetically and now in my steel database I have all sorts of materials in the reverse order in which they were entered. This makes it a little difficult to find the materials I've entered.

Is there a program which will allow us to edit the database?

How are you guys using the new material manager?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen

Hi group,

Does anybody know abt catia and unigraphics usergroups please reply me

Thank you Red

Reply to
Raj Reddy

UG's can be found at

there are a few Web Sites & "groups" that are related but not official.

CATIA has

and
probably more. Ask there.

Reply to
Cliff Huprich

How does this have anything to do with what Tom asked about... Red?

Reply to
Scott

catia:

- the best!

and Yahoo Groups - CATIA v5

Reply to
Jaro735

Tom,

Back to the original question...

It looks like the material database is an XML file which could be edited with an XML-editing program or even in a text-editor if you're brave. Do a RMB "Open with" on the file name since otherwise Win Explorer won't know what to do with a ".sldmat" file extension (just pick NotePad for starters to get a feel for the general layout). You might want to create a new database to play around with to avoid putting the primary one at risk since this is going around the intended safeguards.

-- Brenda

Reply to
Brenda D. Bosley

Brenda,

Thanks. I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.

Wish me luck.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen