Meridian software-parts and assemblies are losing their references

The company I work for uses meridian as our file management software. As long as I have been here we have had issues with it losing references within an assembly (solidworks). Until this morning, this is the only issue I thought we were having.

When you either create, or modify an existing Assembly In a work area, once all your references are set, you can open the part and modify it etc. Now, when the assembly is released back into the main area, it seems to lose all of its references. Which is a huge problem...You create this big stable assembly, but once you release it...it blows up on you.

Without going into a huge amount of detail and different scenarios, it just seems like the linking of parts is really screwed up. Meridian automatically creates a copy on your local drive, but its also supposed to syncronize with the part in the work area. Some assemblies are good, and seem to be able to be opened from anyones system. Then you have some that can be opened from whoever is editing it fine, but when someone else tries to open it read only from that work area...it can't find certain parts. I wish I could be more specific, but we really haven't been able to figure out a pattern. Hopefully someone can help, because this is really a huge problem for our entire design group.

Thanks Erick

Reply to
eazye600rr