Editing Parts Created using split part

I am a newbie, so this might sound stupid. I was wondering if it is
possible to split a part into multiple parts, then create an assembly,
and still be able to modify parts by opening the new part name.
When I open a part that I created using "split part" it only gives a
STOCK and doesn't let me change anything.
One thing I would really like to do is just export one of the parts
without any references or anything as a stand alone part, just lock it
the way it is, and export it as a seperate filename, is this possible?
Thank you,
Blisspikle
Reply to
blisspikle
To alter the original features you must do so from the base part. You can remove and add material to the split part.
Kman
Reply to
Kman