mirror part in an assembly

Hi,

Is there a way to transfer all mates from the original part to the mirrored one?

Knotfreak

Reply to
Knotfreak

There is a check box in the mirror part menu, just under the large red box showing the parts you have selected to be mirrored.

Reply to
pevans

Be a little careful with mirroring in assemblies. As one person once put it, they are in a visually close location.

Reply to
P.

Yes, magic incantations help :-) This seems to have been half baked since way back when. Even on simple mirrors even with the check box in the mirror part menu selected, it seems to struggle to do the simplest mates. What I usually do is mirror without the option of mates then just fix all the bits. If It has to get changed later I will recreate the mates to work with it,

Reply to
Neville Williams

there is an option for mates, but don't expect it to actually work. this (a working mirror function) is something swx apparently abandoned for some reason.

bill

Reply to
bill a

Thank you for all the answers.