SW2006 beta late March

notice of my 'pre-registration' -seeing as how I did 05 beta- arrived today.... can't beat SW management for sheer gall can you?... at least they were sensitive enough to hold off until sp1.1 was out. so it looks like SW2006sp0.0 arrives officially in July shortly after 05 sp3? glad I have tossed this stuff in...

Reply to
neil

Neil, how did the testing of 05 go ?

I have signed up for the 06 version, due to my unprecedented knack of finding bugs and things that, "should be in", and isn't, in Solidworks. I don't want to find bugs, but I just happen to be in the way, lol

Here's a great one I think, "over defined", when adding just one dimension to a drawing document view! WTF As I understand it, the part is linked to the assembly, (with the assembly being the master), and the drawing document linked to either the part or assembly, with the drawing document being the slave to either. I must be wrong, considering this warning dialogue!

Reply to
pete

testing of 05 was ok, real easy to find things, if you want to be in the running for a prize start early and keep going - at one stage I was running tenth without trying too hard...that is before I lost interest - more and better prizes or subs discounts would help motivation.....beware though of sticking up for your problem finding skills cos some of the SW people tend to dismiss things without checking thoroughly....I am actually aware of some things I found in 05 beta 1 that have not been fixed as of sp1.1...groan...good luck in your mission.may the farce be with you....

Reply to
neil