SW2006 save as DWG

SW2006 SP0.0 or 1.0

We are having one heck of a time with a set of drawings saving to DWG. The guy saved one out fine, then later that day saved it out again, and that time it failed. Other files maybe work, maybe not. What we end up with is all the entities apparently stacked up together or something. It says there are a bunch of entities, but when you go open it, it looks like you just need to zoom way in. Fine, but you never do get there. I even checked to see if maybe they were 90° off or something, but no. Anyone else seeing this?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Stefan

I had a similar problem when saving to DWG. The part would not appear unless I first turned the border off before saving to DWG. Not sure why it worked. The same part and border saved fine in SW2004.

Reply to
Manny

I have confirmed that the issue is with one of the blocks in this drawing. There is an SPR dealing with saving to DWG with blocks in the drawing, but it's not all blocks, and not all of the time. I'm not giving up yet, though, so I still may narrow it down.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Try creating a layer with color for the part in the slddrw and see if it works.

Reply to
Manny

Just an update - I have narrowed it down to the fact of this block having a space or nul in it. It's a "quantity" block and looking back, the trouble started when the guy decided that he didn't want the drawings to print with a quantity of 1, but rather no quantity showing. So, he deleted the number

  1. Makes perfect sense, and has always worked in the past, but then when converting to DWG, it fails to convert. I figured that maybe rather than deleting the value, I could put in a space - no difference.

I just had a bit of time on it with our VAR and he sees the same stuff. So he's putting together a package and explanation to send to SW. Hopefully this clue will be enough to find it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany