New System Rebuild + Great Except Slow "New Part'

Hi,
Just rebuilt an IBM machine with XP Pro (on domain) SP 1 (can't go to
SP 2) with SolidWorks 2004 SP. 4. Very stable. However the upon hitting
"New Part" the dialog is very slow to appear. Also closing an assembly
is slow. We have numerous paths defined and the slowness appeared this
was about the time I defined them. Any thoughts? How was the
conference folks? I will get there someday.
Guy
Reply to
gedkins
A thought that P had, do you have antivirus running and have you excluded solidworks directory and these paths that you have made, as well as Sw file types?
Reply to
pete