NVIDIA CUDA

nVidia CUDA... may have some promise for sharing/solving engineering software computations?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

There was a technology floating around SWW2006 that did something similar by providing software vendors the ability to offload bottleneck calculations onto a special processing card. I don't think most software vendors like to go this way because it ties them to specific hardware.

Reply to
TOP

Yeah, I hear ya and I'm not sure if it was the same technology,.. I posted a link about AGEIA PhysiX PPU back in Mar 2006. Today also, nvidia posted more on CUDA. If SW Corp is already using nvidia technology with the shaders...I would not be surprised though if SW or another CAD/CAM/CAID company is entertaining a use for these technologies?

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador