O.K. - Weird question that hasent come up before...

Then you connect to the internet and your Windows computer ignores any "don't talk to strangers" admonitions.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Matt-

I just managed to do it on another file in only a few minutes... Stupidly (or maybe it was late last night) but I had used the "find" feature to locate the first letter of my name. Naturally it found hundreds of instances that I had to weed through. Tonight, prepared to do the same, I realized how stupid that was.... All one has to do to remove or change their name with this hex editor is simply open up the file in Hxd, then using the find feature, type the word "string". It'll drop you off at the beginning of every instance of your name. It'll also drop you off at the beginning of every file structure if you want to change them. Make your changes, hit F3 to find the next instance until it can't find anymore. Made the changes to a part file in about 3 minutes.

IYM

Reply to
IYM

"Bo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@k70g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

I show that under one of "matt"s messages, not "IYM".

Oh, yes, the mighty IIe?

You're mighty smug about something you didn't even try.

Daisy.

Reply to
FlowerPot

Daisy, we are not in competition here.

We are here to learn and help.

I do what I can to help, and others do the same for me & I am grateful.

Bo

FlowerPot wrote:

Reply to
Bo

Is it just me or is FlowerPot something that Jon or Clif would have in their home?

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

"Muggs" a écrit dans le message de news:

8bSdnXqRzqb8r6XYnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

Yes, a little more, and she will end at the same place. My opinion only, of course.

Reply to
Jean Marc