Part Naming Convention

Hi,

In my travels I've come across zillions (okay I'm fibbing just a wee bit) of company standards for namiing SW parts and Assemblies. I've yet to come across two that are identical.

I am assuming that there is a detailed standard out there (MILSpec perhaps)that specifies the naming rule convention and categories.

Note - I'm looking for detailed information as opposed to general guidelines as indicated in the Drawing Requirements Manual.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Len

Reply to