Plotter Recomendations for use with Solidworks 2003

I would like to know what plotter will perform well using Solidworks 2003 and AutoCad R14? I will be plotting over a 100mbps NT4/SP6 network thru a JetDirect 500x.
Color preferred to be able to show layers distinctly. Medium Assembly views to be plotted up to "E-Size" w/Roll Feed. PW or Rendering plot occasionally. Budget New or Refurb $1000 - $1600?
TIA for any feedback, advice or personal horror stories...