problem sketching on a surface

For some reason I cannot sketch on a surface. I've tried many different flat surfaces on a part and still can't sketch on a surface. This started happening after I loaded ACLT 2005. Could that be related?

I tend to believe I'm just doing something really stupid..... Why can't I sketch on a flat surface?

Reply to
dlevy

Is this an imported part? Is it a solid? Could these surfaces be conical? Try inserting a referenc plan using three points on the surface (verticies).

Reply to
Drew

Can you post an example file at

jmather