product life cycle Managment

hi all,

The product life cycle Managment (PLM). friends come together to have discussion regarding the Product Life Cycle mangment which very important in the product design and development.

Thnx Gowda

Reply to
Gowda

We will start with product. What do you mean by the product? According to me a product is one which can be offered to a market to satisfy the customer needs. And we can classify the product into many different categories. For example:

  1. Industrial product,
  2. Consumer products Let me know if there more

When ever you're into the new product design, identifying the customer needs is very important. Identifying the customer needs is one of most difficult part of product design. I thing that it self will take all our time. Is their any systematic approach to identify the customer needs so that it can reduce the time?

Reply to
Gowda

Seymour and Powell spoke about this at SWW.

Reply to
TOP

hi top,

could you tell, what is this SWW?

Rgds Gowda

Reply to
Gowda

SolidWorks World 2006 in Las Vegas. SolidWorks mentioned that a number of people asked if the presentation could be put on DVD and that they would look into it.

We are suppose to be getting a DVD at the end of the month, not sure what else is going to be on it besides highlights and presentation data.

Reply to
SW Monkey