pw2 problem

Hi all,
I have a rendering. It's an aluminum extrusion frame with a piece of
plexi inserted into grooves. When I render (indirect illumination)
random black splotches appear on the face of the extrusion where the
edge of the plexi would be IF you could see it there (which you can't).
I say random because the higher res I render the worse they are and
when I render my animation (using this part) they move around from
frame to frame.
Reflect and refract I have tried default 1 and 4 as well as higher
values.
I had this same problem last summer with a similiar part - I've never
solved it.
If you have any ideas please let me know.
Thanks,
Zander
Reply to
Zander
Go here
, hit enter and then choose the PhotoWorks button at the left. Read the tip "Indirect illumination spots". This should help you with your problem.
Reply to
Rob Rodriguez
Might want to try to use the setting under Scene, Lighting, Transparent shadows, so shadows can be seen through transparent objects.
Reply to
matt
Thanks fo the tip Rob! That helps a lot.
Matt, I'm trying transparent shadows seperately but I would have thought that with only indirect illumination in my scene the shadow setting would have no effec? I'm going to try it now.
Thanks,
Zander
Reply to
Zander
Zander
Assume nothing with PW2 - The whole programme is a nightmare and it changes (breaks?) from one SP to the next. Using Indirect Illumination is the most tricky and if you get any consistant results please let me know :-)
Good luck
Jonathan
Reply to
jjs