Window Frame Problem

Doing the re-roofing of the house, only been waiting to do it for 20+ years!

Anyway, we have all the double-glazed windows etc etc, BUT one window is missing its frame.

The makers don't want to know, and we are struggling to find someone who can actually make a UPVC welded frame to suit. The window is aluminium framed.

It just needs to be rectangular filled material with four welded corners and brown on the external face.

Does anyone have any 'known' contacts in the industry who could help, please?

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Peter,

Email me the dimensions and a picture of what you want it to match and I will see what I can do.

Cliff

Reply to
Cliff Ray

Looks like we may have found a gem, local company too!

I'll confirm that on Monday when we collect the frame :-))

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Prestige Plastics, Rushden. Highly recommended, sorted out a replacement frame in 48 hours, £60 inc VAT.

As a bit of a postscript, the builders managed to break one of the front door sealed window units week before last, and after a bit of a chat on the phone, we took the whole door down to them this morning, they stripped it down, made up a temporary panel so we were secure, and ordered a new glass unit. All done in less than an hour.

The sort of service you always hoped to find but rarely do.

Peter

-- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Rushden, UK snipped-for-privacy@prepair.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

We had our roof re-done this year, never crossed my mind to have it double glazed...

Reply to
Steve

It's a single window in the rear gable end, overlooks the flat roof of what was the old church hall.