Re: Check Out SolidCAM's New iMachining

> thanks jon, =A0I will see if autodesk is using that kernel... what are > the odds? > dooes anyone know? > > Phil scott

I believe that autodesk uses ACIS....basically the same thing as a parasolid....but a different company. I also recall that autodesk might be developing its own kernel. SE should be able to import an ACIS (it has a .sat extension) just fine.

Reply to
Donald Pmurt

I love how SolidCAM iMachining works. I love how SolidCAM is now being developed. I love the SolidCAM website and what they do with video. Without a doubt SolidCAM is the best CAM company at showing how their product works using video on their website.

I'm a true independent. You're a SmartCAM loyalist. I wouldn't expect you to do anything else but criticize SolidCAM iMachining and belittle it. Since you're never going to use it, be independent or be objective about it, I completely understand why you are threatened by it (Smartcam doesn't have it) and don't like it.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
Joe788