SolidEdge import

I have a couple of molds to design for parts modeled in SolidEdge. These are surfaced parts, but from what I see the surfaces don't look great. I notice that I have the option of importing native SolidEdge parts in SW05. Is that a better option than parasolids? The parasolids files I got weren't perfect, but 2 of the 3 parts were fixable. So far the Iges and Step files of the same parts are disasters.

Anybody with experience with SolidEdge data?

Thanks, jk

Reply to
John Kreutzberger

Since SolidEdge also uses the Parasolid kernel, I don't see where the native parts would be any better than the Parasolid parts. I doubt that SW can import SE features, so I suspect that putting SE down as an import source is just marketing.

SE might be running a later version of Parasolid than SW. You might ask them to ship you an earlier version, assuming that SE has the same flexibility in exporting that SW has.

Jerry Steiger

John, I am surprised that SW gives you trouble with this. PS to PS should be seemless. Can I see the files?

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Read the file and my software fixed it up on the way in. Looked like a feature/revolve problem. Maybe edge tolerancing. I had my software reset the edge tolerances and simplify the solid and then wrote out a PS V12 file. This is also a trick that will also sometimes fix a file. In any case, it worked.

Reply to
John R. Carroll