Re: LMAO

Huge difference between a sales demo and a turnkey....you sure seem to be comfortable showing everyone your clueless Cliff.

Reply to
brewertr

Cliff,

You mean the thread where I said my program points more closely represent the print dimensions than your centerline programming method? And it does.

That would be the thread where I said your program method is unnecessarily difficult? And it is.

That would be the thread where I said your program method is more prone to error? And it is.

That would be the thread where you posted code for a simple radius to prove how easy your programming method is and your two lines of code had 5 mistakes in it proving my point for me? Yes it is.

That would be where you proved you have no idea how and never have programmed a CNC lathe? Yes it is.

That would be where you tried all different kinds of excuses for your error riddled code? Yes.

a) You know, where you said you programmed to the "optional" diameter, where there was no optional diameter given. Even still your numbers were not correct for "that" diameter either.

b) You know, where you said your program was right for the "Quadrant" you programmed in. A quadrant the OP doesn't have, but even for "that" quadrant your code is error riddled and incorrect.

c) You know, the code where you admitted to one mistake but you won't say out of the five mistakes you made which one is the mistake you are admitting to.

d) You know, the thread where you said you can program a profile with your centerline method that Dan or me can't but you haven't been able after repeatedly being asked to post such a profile.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Steve Mackay wrote in news:46b9cfeb$0$8968 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Reply to
D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:6gijb3h86tm7vvgf4hfksck9of846lvfda@

4ax.com:

So your bad code is now the operators fault?

LOL

Typical.

Reply to
D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news:jnhjb3lqbp9a1e34dmod2r5n5jgeulfks9@

4ax.com:

Not having a need to use it inthat instance doesn't mean I don't know what it is.

Yawn.

Reply to
D Murphy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Heh. Next try explaining to him what a bar machine is and show him a drawing of a turned part. Then explain to him that in certain types of machines the part coordinate system and the machine coordinate system coincide.

Then again I've never seen what sort of disastrous drawings Cliffie created during his brief periods of employment.

Reply to
D Murphy

LOL....just like his belief the part datum zero has to be in the rear, it can be but it doesn't have to be. It's just that Cliff likes it in the rear.......

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

You're so pathetic, it's funny.

What I said to Jon way back when was that I rarely have a need for a text editor, so I'm just as likely to use MS Word as anything else.

And from that you now "know" that I have never used a cam system, which coordinate system I program in, which controls I've used, and loads of other pathetic insults.

Ask yourself; if I rarely use a text editor where does all the code come from?

Reply to
D Murphy

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Just goes to show he doesn't practice what he preaches. Not every lathe part has it's datum point at the chuck end. Nor does every lathe part have just one datum in the "Z" plane.

Of course it's got to be tough getting practice sitting in your house all day.

Reply to
D Murphy

He-he, my lathe code comes from a basic program I wrote in 1990. I just pick from the menu what I want to do, enter size & stuff & it spits out code. Even asks on cutoff if I want to skim the front of a thread at 45 (to clean up the burr) with the cutoff tool side before cutting off. Wrote it for my Hardinge's & modified it some for my gang tool. Will run in a DOS box in XT , but I use win 98 as I get a full screen that way. Duel boot computer.

Reply to
Why

Why wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I wrote a spreadsheet for a customer that spits out code for blending radii into angles. All of the parts they machine have a feature like that and they were struggling with the math.

I also wrote one for C-X axis interpolation. BTW, F. George wrote one in basic that works for C-X axis interpolation. It's cool, compact and the price is right:)

I wonder if we could get enough people together to make an open source CAM program?

Reply to
D Murphy

Cliff wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Well since you're the expert, tell the class how long each of these moves would take:

1) G91 G93 G01 Z10.0 F.5 2) G91 G93 G01 Z3.0 F10.0 3) G91 G93 G01 Z.5 F1.0

LOL.

Tomorrow you can answer some questions about circular interpolation in inverse time mode for us.

Reply to
D Murphy

Looks faster than my nixie tube's can read. Regards Daveb

Reply to
Anonymous

(DaveB) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.dslextreme.com:

Heh.

I wonder which lifeline he'll use? Call tech support somewhere, Google, or "phone a friend"?

Being direct questions, he'll prolly never answer them anyway.

Reply to
D Murphy

If we did the Cam companies would buy us out & burn all the software, like the auto companies did with the 1000 MPG carb .

Reply to
Why