Re: Mastercam guys, tell me about dynamic milling...

> > I think everyone is still in a state of shock on the 2 or 3 ON TOPIC > > posts this past week. > > What's the difference because as per usual in this newsgroup no real > or meaningful content is discussed. This has been the case for many > years now. >

No Jon. Meaningful content is created by people who actually use the software, inquiring about actual functions of the software. You can't "create" meaningful content by reading a bunch of press releases, and then rattling off a bunch of random buzzwords. Your blog and it's 8 comments should have taught you that by now.

For example: > > Is there an significant difference between VoluMill and Surfcam's > Trumill toolpath stratagies? > > Does DP Technology Esprit 5th axis surfacing toolpath cutting > technology, that DP got when they acquired Auton really make 5th axis > programming easier compared to what everyone else is licensing from > ModuleWorks and using? Cimatron, Gibbscam, Mastercam, Surfcam, > SolidCAM, CAMWorks, etc all use ModuleWorks toolpath software > components. DP Technology doesn't. > > No discussion of CAM VAR's disappearing like crazy and what this > means. >

How many CAM VARs have "disappeared", Jon?

No discussion of the FACT that it looks pretty clear that SolidWorks > has won the market and that a major shift is just started to occur in > places like California where a major machining job shop in San Diego > dumped 5 seats of Mastercam and went with the integrated solutions of > SolidWorks and OpenMind Hypermill. > That shop would be San Diego's 5th Axis CNC. When I say dumped, I mean > exactly that. 5th Axis CNC doesn't use Mastercam any longer for > anything period. >

Please use actual FACTS to back up your supposed "FACT", Jon. Why would anybody be surprised that a shop specializing in 5 axis work, would move to a software that specializes in 5 axis toolpath creation? Can you please list 5 more shops that have "dumped" Mastercam?

How can Siemens NX be a factor when Siemens can't market to small > machining job shops and leaves this up to their VAR network which > isn't anywhere near as good or as strong as SolidWorks VAR network. > Further, Siemens isn't making any progress in this area which leads me > to believe that integrated solutions to SolidWorks will easily win out > over NX for the foreseeable future. For those that need to seriously > modify dumb solids very affordable solutions to do what SolidWorks > can't do (direct modeling) like SpaceClaim are available to help one > deal with SolidWorks continued serious limitation of working with dumb > solids. > > So while some content has returned it's not in anyway really helpful > or meaningful CADCAM content and certainly doesn't address what's > currently happening in the CADCAM market.

Again, more meaningless babble on subjects you don't have any experience with whatsoever.

Reply to
Joe788