Re: ModelPress Still Alive?

Are you having any luck with their viewer? The measure tool does not seem to give me the correct measurements. It also seemed to crash a quite a bit.

> > > Hey - does anyone know if ModelPress is still alive? If so - their > > website must just be down right now. > > > >
> > > Markus. > > Neeeevermiiiind....it's working now. > > Markus.
Reply to
SWuser

Sporkman

Actually - I am trying to get it to work with 2K4 with no luck as of yet. The tech guy gave me updated .dlls but it still does not work. Hopefully I will have a model to test out by tomorrow.

-- Markus

Reply to
Markus Wankus

What do you mean the demo timed out? As far as I know it is free with no

*demo* mode. Maybe it used to not be that way?

-- Markus

Reply to
Markus Wankus

That's what I thought, too, and what I remembered from it when I downloaded it. But sure enough -- it times out. Says your demo license has expired. Let's see, I downloaded it probably in late September and early October and I uninstalled it (after it timed out) sometime in December.

'Sporky'

Reply to
Sporkman

Hmm.. that's odd. I can't see anywhere that states there is any sort of demo. I guess I'll find out in about 30 days. I think Paul S. uses this

- what has been your experience, Paul?

-- Markus

Reply to
Markus Wankus

Hopefully

I had a time-out experience several months ago, but not now. My current ModelPress publisher is Version 4.0, downloaded on 17 November, 2003, and still working fine. I installed SW 2004 SP0 over the weekend, published a model and can view it with no problems. The couple of dimensions I checked were exactly right.

Art W.

Reply to
Art Woodbury

just tagging in here... anyone know why I cant view any published files? I get a blank grey viewing area with a padlock icon in the lower corner...what am I doing wrong? thanks

Reply to
neil

Hmm, well, don't know about the time out problem? I uninstalled it months ago but did use it for posting a few models for clients.

Nice web noodle tool though.

..

Markus Wankus wrote:

Reply to
Paul Salvador

Reply to
Sporkman

Yeah - the guy says it works fine with 2K4. I must have an issue with my install - hopefully I'll sort it out tonight when I get back to it.

-- Markus

Reply to
Markus Wankus

Thanks for the verification on dim checks. I will have to take another look at my files. I pretty much got frustrated when I kept getting kicked out. I will try on smaller files and work my way up. I still like the e-Drawings viewer look and feel better though. I do not have the professional version so I do not know if the measure tool is comparable or not. Thanks again for the response.

Reply to
SWuser

to answer my own question- it wont open with hardware acceleration on as an option....hmmm!

Reply to
neil