Re: Open Pocketing

In better CADCAM systems you can mark wireframe geometry as having an

> open edge characteristic. This allows any toolpath you apply to adopt > to the open edge automatically so that it's automatically milled with > a step over. > > In Mastercam this option doesn't exist! > > In DP Technology this option is available. > > In Gibbscam this option is available. > > Is this option available in your CADCAM system. If so what is the name > of it.

Open pocketing has been in M/C since V9

Reply to
"D"

Why, specifically does it suck? What "shit results" are you referring to, specifically? It gets the pocket done, is there something else it sould be doing?

"D"

Reply to
"D"

Translation - Yoni has no life whatsoever

Reply to
Zymrgy

I cannot "build" intelligence into the geometry, it is what it is, based on the part requirements, model provided, etc. I can add geometry to facillitate the toolpath required to complete the pocket area that I am dealing with, if needed.

What, specifically, kind of additional "user control" are you referring to? I dont personally spend a whole lot of thought on that, my thought process revolves around "getting in and getting out", completing the programming of that pocket or feature, and moving on to the next area of the part.

Why? If it is neccessary to add a contour path to the part, say, for an additional finish pass, copying the pocketing op and changing it to a contour path takes a few seconds, or, adding an additional pass in the "finishing" dialog box, as I did that last night in X4, and, I am just starting to play with X4.

I dont know how Gibbs does it, nor do I know how DP does it, my focus is on the system I have spent my money on. I only create extra geometry when it is nessesary, most of the time, it is not required. "Chain", "Partial", gives me the ability to make open pockets in M/C, as well as selecting "open pockets" in the toolpath parameters page The "right click" feature you refer to is not in M/C, thus not in my "toolbox", I can't use tools I dont have. A Pontiac has different features than a Ford, that has different features than a Volvo, etc. My job is to get the program done and to the machine as quickly and efficiently as possible, this is not a slam, rather, the reality of the daily grind.

I will play along as long as we keep it on topic and somewhat professional, make it personal, and I will not play along, too many parts need to be made to be wasting time in the kindergarten sandbox.

"D"

Reply to
"D"

Wow!, we were discussing open pocketing in Mastercam, now you pick apart an analogy I make about the geometry? The geometry IS the controlling factor in the part that you are making, you didnt say we were designing the part, you said we were machining the part!!! Maybe today you wear a blue skirt, instead of the red one you wore yesterday!! One more time Jon, someone actually tries to have a focused, specific dialog with you, and, YOU turn it into something it is not, just to try to make yourself look intelligent, AND take a few potshots at the same time, pathetic, really pathetic. Damm shame, you really dont get it, do you? I tried, again, to no avail, no need to waste my time and experience on this kindergarten B/S.

Later,

"D"

Reply to
"D"

Jonnie Bonkers,

Have you tried to post to any other forum lately? Do you understand that even IF you could forge an IP address, you would still be a crazy, ranting, nutter? Changing your IP address, or changing your name does not change your insanity, and you get banned as soon as you pop your head in anyplace.

Tell us again how changing an IP address will make you appear to be sane. We need a good laugh.

Reply to
Half-nutz