Re: SW2004-Where are the mnemonic underscores in all of the menus?

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (kema) wrote in news:2ca37ae3.0311101936.7bce21a2 @posting.google.com:

??? > > Ken >

I thought that was a Windows setting. Under Display Properties, Effects, "Hide Keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key".

Why would I ever want to do that, BTW?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Where are you finding this setting? I just looked and didn't see it.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

"Wayne Tiffany" wrote in news:boqp1p$1ig6ck$1@ID-

201804.news.uni-berlin.de:

In Win 2k go to display properties, Effects, "Hide Keyboard navigation indicators until I use the Alt key".

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Oh, I'm on XP and don't have an "Effects" under Display Properties. I checked a 2000 machine here and the setting was checked. The only thing I can think of is that it cleans things up just a teensy bit and for someone that likes to be squeaky clean and doesn't EVER use keyboard shortcuts, I guess maybe it has some value. I've never seen or heard of it before, though.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

the setting is in windows xp under display properties/appearance/effects

Reply to
neil

Ahaaaa, it is there, although unchecked. Me thinks it will stay that way. Thanks. :-)

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

In message , kema writes

Moved to XP Pro at start of week, 2001+ SP0, and they have gone here as well!

Reply to
Andrew Rodgers

That's been unchecked ever since I switched to XP. SW2003 had the underscores, no propblem. SW2004 does not. But SW2004 does have a lot of pretty pictures to look at in the menu. Maybe that's why the underscores are gone? I memorized the menu "hotkeys" because I couldn't stand looking at and go thru the lengthy and unconsistent menu system. Now I HAVE to look at each line in the menu and it's annoying picture.

Ken

Reply to
kema

SW2004 does have underscores you need to hit the alt key if you cant see them some of them have changed

Reply to
neil

Not for the RMB menus :(

Reply to
kema

hmmm ....true ...and the alt key only works for one look.....give me strength!

Reply to
neil