gernot in the land of the cherry blossom

did you see my post that i had received the kaiten? and thanking you profusely? please email me...can't find your address.

Hello e,

Merry Christmas, I thought I had replied at length, about the CDs and all that as well? I will resend tonight if I can find the mail in my sent folder. There's quite a few people I haven't heard from after I mailed them some weeks back, perhaps there was a screwup on my part...

Warm regards, Gernot

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

best to you gernot. somehow it didn't make it.

-e

OK, will be on the way tonight from home then!

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Since we are talking about lost Gernot stuff, I never heard back from him on my Honda Motocompo Japanese assembly instructions translation. :-) Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

he was out of town. his email is easy to spot in his messages.

My friend, I hope Santa gave you a piece of coal this year :-) I have been and am busy with the end of the year cleaning, that is traditional in Japan. Once done, I hope to have some minutes to spare to catch up on email and hobby-related pursuits. Do not worry, you file is safe with my Windows file system (not!).

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Happy year end cleaning Gernot! I got lots of coal for Chrstmas! :-) I was wondering why that was...

A secure Windoze fs? Hmm... must be one of them new-fangled "Vista" thingies... Neah, there is no such thing as a safe Windoze. If it's safe then I'm sure it is stored on your Linux box. :-D

Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.

You have your head on right there, sir, indeed it is on my linux box. Thanks for the good wishes, same to you! I had a look at the image last night in GIMP, should not be too much trouble to handle the translations after the new year. A resolution that can disappear by the 3rd of January I think. I am still trying to get some OCR software working that I require for my job. In this day and age I cannot understand why after a 10 day conference in India we get a poor photocopy of a printout with the names and email addresses of the several hundred attendees. Grr! I may give up and use commercial OCR under windows on this one.

Reply to
Gernot Hassenpflug

Thanks for the update Gernot and sorry to hear about your problem with the low-tech email listing. You figure that in this day and age they would have emailed you the list as a text file (not sent a poor photocopy). If it was a copy of a printout that means the original text is on someone's computer.

I'll just wait patiently ... Peteski

Reply to
Peter W.