squadron's lanc

squadron still list the spinnin prop version of the 1/48 tami lanc. is this the regular b1-b3 kit with silly motors? is it worth 100 bucks? i know it's the only 1/48 and that's an awesome size for my fave bomber ever, but i'm wondering if there are differences? i know there are lots of decal and i thing eduard makes detail stuff. what else? don't suppose a herky mod set exists? i'd love an upkeep/grandslam version but i cannot find one. been sniped 7 times and i can't go over 100 bucks for it. (including shipping) anyone want to sell theirs, trade, swap my gramma?

e wrote: : squadron still list the spinnin prop version of the 1/48 : tami lanc. is this the regular b1-b3 kit with silly motors? : I am hard pressed to see the Tamiya kit as worth $100, but then, I have the standard bomber version. And, yes, my impression is that all Tamiya did was stick some motors in the kit.

Bruce

Reply to
Bruce Burden

and no, you don't want to sell yours....sigh. the tami turns out to be the grandslam version. and it's $115. looks like i don't build one. best of holidays.

e wrote: : : and no, you don't want to sell yours....sigh. : Not really. :-) : : the tami turns out to be the grandslam version. : and it's $115. : I think they did both (errr, with and w/o motors, the grand slam and standard bomber). : : best of holidays. : Thanks! Best to you, as well!

Bruce

p.s. Does it have to be 1/48? Hasegawa makes a really nice 1/72 Lanc...

Reply to
Bruce Burden

and they did a dambusters, so 3 versions. i really want a big one. someday, maybe.

The current Tamiya product is the Grand Slam version with electric motors. It doesn't have enough parts to be completed as a standard BI/BIII version. IIRC it is missing the standard bomb bay roof, bombs, and doors. Unlike the previous version of this kit (the non spin-a-prop one) this one *cannot* be built as the Dam Buster version either! It does come with all of the turrets and guns, so maybe you could buy the PP bulged bomb bay conversion kit and do a BIII that way - you'd need decals too.

It is a good kit, especially for it's age. It was released in the 70's and must have been awesome for the time. However, make sure you have heaps of your favourite filler on hand to use around the cowlings, they're a bit of a pig! Or buy the Belcher bits correction parts.

If you want to see some photos of my project, have a look at http://www/brian.geek.nz, there's a "models" link under the "stuff" section. Actually I think I have run out of bandwidth for the month, you might have to wait until the 1st or Jan! :-(

e wrote:

Reply to
Skipster

ok, thanks.