Re: Swept Cut

Insert/Cut/Sweep.

..

SR wrote:

> How do combine the capabilities of the Extruded Cut with a Swept Boss > feature? What I want to do is sweep a profile along a non-linear edge > and remove material.
Reply to
Paul Salvador

do a "sweep cut"

insert, cut, sweep

Reply to
Todd

Thanks, but I got one more if you don't mind. For some reason I can't select a chain for my path? When selecting my path I can only pick a linear edge. The Path field in PropertyManager lists just the one edge, but I want the profile to follow a chain of edges. I tried holding down the shift and ctrl keys when selecting edges.. The edge is planar (I also tried it on a block, fillet corners, shell then cut/sweep and still only an single edge selection was allowed). Any advice?

Reply to
SR

You have to define the path with a sketch, otherwise if your using an edge iit will only go along that edge. You only get to pick one sketch or edge.

Regards, Scott

Reply to
Scott

Build a "composite curve" with the edges. You might even need to create a 3D sketch, convert entities in it, then create a composite curve from the sketch entities...

Reply to
Philippe Guglielmetti