Re: Who Needs PW2

Devin,

For PW1, that's pretty sweet and real looking for that lighting enviroment!

With PW2, I'd say you can easily raise the level of realism a few more head turns. Well, with the render hit (-) time of course.

Which reminds me, I'll have to do some hefty renders on my new P4 3ghz (3X faster than my old system)

..

Reply to
Paul Salvador

If you noticed, it took three different colored lights to do it. The thing I most would like in PW2 I think are the environmental effects

And I just noticed I really f'd up the wording in my previous post.

Reply to
Devin Hughey

Neil,

1 hour is about right but it depends what I'm doing during the day so I would estimate that on the design I'm working with, (using 400-800 megs of system memory and about 50-100 megs of data on average), about 30min to 1.5 hours are saved when using SW 8hrs/day.

Now, if I was working with the largest dataset all day, making a lot of changes, it could possibly go to 2 hrs saved in a 8hr day if I'm not abusing the speed advantages.

That is, there is a factor which I think offsets this figure somewhat (plus and minus), it's the opportunity to explore more per iteration or make more changes. (good and bad)

.. 8^]

Reply to
Paul Salvador

that is the key right there. the ability to explore. with a slower computer, you are less likely to 'try things'.

Reply to
bob zee

erm in a word i think most engineers and designers would get little more from pw2 than pw1 the rendering time taken is now equal with most third party renderers and i know of two for which the same quality of image or better is acheivable in seconds rather than 40 minutes +. the hardware hit is also excessive now that global illumination is involved plus setting global illumination properly ,and i dont mean applying that bodge of an environment up is a bit of a pain in pw2.

Reply to
mikemcdermid