Realtime Silkscreen on Parts help

Hi

I routinely need to add quite a bit of text onto parts to simulate the silkscreen. I need these to be visible all of the time not just when rendering so can't use a decal. The artwork files are originally created in Coreldraw, and I can't recreate it in solidworks. I tried converted the original coreldraw file to an autocad dwg, but the text is all outlines, so I hatch that and import in. the problem is, that it is very sloooow to import and manipulate, understandably I guess, though solidworks importing ability seems a little flakey IMHO. Next I stumbled upon the insert/sketch/picture which works great, and is dead quick, however... and this is my question......

The picture ALWAYS appears on top of all of the features, regardless of where it sits in the tree. This means for instance, any holes get covered etc. I want to check for any clashing text etc, but can't see an easy way to do this.

Is it possible to have transparent areas on sketch pictures? Is there a better way?

thanks for the help

Paul

Reply to
Paul

Well, I have no help for you save to say, BOY-O-BOY are you going to be happy with SW2006!

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

I guess as a work around for the transparent holes you could add "posts" though the holes as seperate bodies and suppress and resolve those bodies as needed.

KM

Reply to
kmaren24

Oh man, you can't leave it like that! don't be dangling those carrots.. why exactly?, what new features are added?

rt

Reply to
Sygenics

At SWW (SolidWorks World) they showed a little of what's comming in SW2006, and one of the things is the ability to drag bitmap images right onto the model faces, and the decal wraps right to the surface acrross holes and all, it's very cool.

Read a great writeup of SWW by Wayne Tifany here:

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Isn't that just for Animator?

Reply to
Dale Dunn

??? At SWW they just drug it into the graphics area onto the face of a drill.

Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

cool thanks, that sounds very nice. Better keep up the maintenance payments ;-)

Reply to
Sygenics