Render Carpet

Hi
new thread, new discussion ;-)
Does anyone know if it is possible to render a surface with a carpet
type finish, with protuding threads etc. or is it only possible to
take an image and map that onto the plane looking flat?
Cheers
Rich
Reply to
Sygenics
It's only possible to put the image on the plane looking flat You could apply some bump mapping but it will still be flat(no individual fibers protruding up.. You should submit this capability as an enhancement request, I have and if enough of us do it nay be implemented.
Reply to
Rob Rodriguez
Thanks, I will. Just as soon as we purchase it. I have now decided on Solidworks, I just have to get authorization blah blah.
Rich
Reply to
Sygenics