Rendering with two Mirrors

Is it possible in PW2 to get reflections bounced off of two mirrors? (i.e. a periscope)?

I can get reflection from either mirror one at a time, but can't get the pair to reflect.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen

Yes, it is. When PWx-2 first came out I did one of those infinite mirror things, where I had a two way mirror and a regular mirror on opposite sides of a candle - had candle reflections go off into the distance (actually about 30 reflections, but it was enough to get the point) Under document properties, be sure to activate 'ray tracing', enable depth settings, and set the number of reflections up to what you need. If the light ray can only bounce twice, that is all it will do even if you set the number up to 20. FYI - old PWx used 4 reflections, which is a pretty darn good place to start.

Reply to
Edward T Eaton

Ed,

Thanks! I had just found the options setting for number of reflections. It works.

Thanks again for your reply.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Chasteen