San Diego SolidWorks User Group (SDSWUG)

Wednesday October 8, 2003

7:00pm (arrive early for free pizza/soft drinks) Digital Dimensions, Inc. 3934 Murphy Canyon Road, Suite B100 San Diego, CA 92123-4425

We encourage all SolidWorks users and potential SolidWorks users to attend these meetings. This user group is an independent organization of SolidWorks users in San Diego county. We are unique in the fact that we do not charge any monthly dues.

This month's topic will be "Managing SolidWorks Files and References".

Some of the topics to be discussed:

? File associativity through external references ? The differences between Save, Save As. and Save As Copy ? Reducing file size for email ? Saving assemblies with in-context features ? Creating in-context features to multiple parts ? File conversion from previous versions of SolidWorks ? Finding referenced files; the SolidWorks search criteria ? Recursive searches ? Five different methods to change file references ? SolidWorks Explorer for file management

Presenter: Jim Boland, PE, CSWP

Worked with SolidWorks since SolidWorks 97 Plus. Certified SolidWorks Instructor and Director of Training at Digital Dimensions from 1998 through 2000. Authored four of the current SolidWorks training manuals: PhotoWorks, Animator, PDMWorks and File Management.

See you there,

Phil Sluder | Mechanical Engineer TriAxial Design and Analysis | 4817 Palm Avenue Suite K | La Mesa | CA | 91941 Office 619.460.0216 | Mobile 619.787.8725 | Fax 619.460.0902 |

Phil Sluder