seed face on knit feature

Hi Everyone, Can somebody explain me this option of the knit feature, and maybe give me an example. (I never used it, and I can't understand from the help documentation what it does and for what it is good for) I know it has to do something with radiated surfaces but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks, Gil Alsberg

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

I think the seed face was added mainly for mold designers. If you have a radiate surface that goes all the way around the part (for example at the parting line, creating faces on the parting surface of the mold inserts) and you select a face on one side of the radiate, the rest of the faces on that part up to the radiate surface will be automatically selected. It's handy when you have that situation, although it comes up rarely enough. It would be most handy if it were available for any surface type, especially planar and ruled.

matt

Reply to
matt

Matt, thanks for the detailed info! could you send me by e-mail a sample file where this option is used?

thanks, Gil

Reply to
Gil Alsberg

Forget that I asked it - I already figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Reply to
Gil Alsberg