Self-appearing toolbars

There are a couple toolbars that appear of their own volition. "2d to

3d" after importing a .dxf or similar, and "formatting" when adding notes in a drawing. I don't use the 2d to 3d.... ever, and the formatting toolbar, almost never. Is there a setting somewhere that I am missing that will permanentely quash their behavior?
Reply to
Brian