Server Busy error SW2007 and SW2008

I get this error lately...

If I wait for a while (> 5-10 min) it will go away, otherwise (normally), I will click on Retry and usually it will start SW?

Any suggestions what/why/how,... to make it go away forever?

..

Reply to
zxys

No answers, but I ran into it last night when attempting to edit a design table. Was yours the same action?

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

Hmm,.. for me, this error shows during the start-up. I have not seen it during a session (edit). So, if you and I both see it, then maybe it's calling for the same/ similar service... most likely a license managed by either,.. SolidWorksLicensing.exe or Imgrd.exe? Anyway, it seems that it's not accessing it easily so this silly error shows up?

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

That's interesting as I don't think I have ever seen it at startup. Curious indeed.

WT

..

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

In the past getting this error with a DT pointed to an Excel process running amok. What addins are either of you running?

Paul, have you tried using procmon or a similar program to see what the offending process might be?

TOP

Reply to
TOP

My add-ins are PDMWE, eDrawings 2008, and my 3DController. When I get it in trying to open a DT, I can open Excel by itself with no problem. It also doesn't matter if I have Excel open first or not. Running Office 2007.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I believe this is a Windows Desktop Search ...err... malfunction...

when this error occurs, choose, "Switch To", then "Start", "Programs", "Windows Desktop Search"...

you can close the program soon after it opens, this will make the error go away but not permamently...

I have this happen frequently after new installs, and after the first time, they don't seem to happen much after that

Reply to
spiffywebcreations

I don't have that installed on my machine.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

I personally have fully disabled the Windows Desktop Search so, that may be the case since 2007/2008 are both using this useless functionality (imho).

BTW,... this started around the time I installed the 2008 sp2 or 2007 sp5,.. I believe?

So, it maybe a newer way (timing) in which SW tries to link (force it to work) with the windows search engine??

If that is the case,.. it's another case of SW Corp trying to force useless M$ crap down our throat.

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

Thanks,.. Paul!

Ok,.. I installed Promon,.. but, don't really know how to use it to find what maybe hanging up during SW start-up?

but,.... damn...I think that given me enuf clues!?,..

that is,.. looking at the log processes, what seems to have to most errors is... nvidia!!!?

,.. thinking back at the 2008 sp2 and 2007 sp5 time frame,.. I upgraded the nvidia drivers and remembered making some 3D settings on performance...

ok,.. under the nvidia 3D performance settings.. "adjust image settings with preview",.. I had changed it to "use my preference emphasizing: Performance"

,.. when I change it back to "let the 3D application decide".....damn, it seems that... the error goes away!!!!!

=2E. thanks! 8^)

Reply to
zxys

I can remember getting this error as far back as 2000/2001. I used to get this error frequently when using the excel bom.

Reply to
kenneth

Forget that, reverse that,... damn-it... that did not do it!?!?!?!

I guess I got lucky with both 2007 and 2008 start-up's not giving that error!?

Well,... any other clues which Promon may be showing that you know of?

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

BTW, still, the common log result...Name not found and Success.. in Promon is...

HKLM\Software\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NVTweak

=2E.

Reply to
zxys

I think I recall the same thing happening when I went to modify a design table that was built on a machine with Office2007 on it. I'm running office 2003 and the Excel formats don't match. Downloaded the patch that allows me to open Office 2007 on older machines and the problem went away.

Len

Reply to
lmar

The busy server is probably MS Excel. Check the processes and see if Excel is launched. Try ending the process and see if solve your server busy issue.

Good Luck AJN

Reply to
Tony