SW2008 why?

My perspective, being a SW user since 95, is that SW2008 is a test marketing release for SW2009, for what I have seen/heard so far. To see what stays or goes away. So things that you don't like need to get communicated SOON to your Var or corporate. They messed with lots of standardized conventions, some of which go way back. Some are better implementations, some are not. It took me a little while to get used to the floating command manager, but I can see the benefit. Why they screwed with the RMB I will never understand.

So if you are going to complain, make it worth everyones while by letting your Vars know specifically what you have heartburn about. Soon.

ca

Reply to
clay

Rumor has it that 2008 is the result of studying what users want. So what you are asking for is for users to un-want all the nifty new stuff they got in 2008. I would suggest a different approach. All users clam up, zip it, cease and desist, stop, halt and be silent. This would have the effect of depleting marketing of ideas and let the technical guys inside SW who really know how to think through this stuff have a voice again.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

TOP wrote in news:921e3ac8-ffdd-4800-84b9- snipped-for-privacy@d21g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

An interesting idea... But I'm afraid the marketing people would start guessing if we stopped giving feedback.

Reply to
Dale Dunn

Jon,

I don't know what you are talking about it regards to "80-90% of the users come from using inexpensive, inferior and poorly managed design tools." you are right that most users come from that... that is why they step up to solid modeling. other users did come down from higher end systems. If you want catia go buy it... but it will cost you!!!! So for the copanies that SHOULD be using catia, that are too cheap and are using SolidWorks... I don't see how they can complain.... they weighed the pros and cons and pick one. It is kinda like moving into a house next to a railroad track and then complaining to the railroad because of the noise...you knew what you were getting.

I like what TOP said

"I would suggest a different approach. All users clam up, zip it, cease and desist, stop, halt and be silent. This would have the effect of depleting marketing of ideas and let the technical guys inside SW who really know how to think through this stuff have a voice again. "

I would however let SWK know about bugs.. but behappy with what you get... because you know it is a deal!!!

Al Whatmough

- Online SolidWorks training

Reply to
albert.inspirtech

Unlike many vocations, in engineering you are trained and paid to get it right. Imagine if marketing designed bridges or skyscrapers.

An engineer will welcome a failure as a means to see where it went wrong and avoid it in the future.

A marketeer cannot comprehend the term failure or mouth the word and therefore cannot learn from it.

An engineer will find a solution that works and stick with it.

A marketeer will throw away a solution that works for another that looks/feels like it works.

An engineer will be held responsible for a failure.

A marketeer will hold someone else responsible for failure.

TOP

Reply to
TOP