Adobe 3d PDF Orientation?

Just a quick one..

Has anyone else had a go with the 30 day trial of 3D Acrobat Pro and tried converting their models and found that the orientation is all over the place?

The problem i'm having is that you may very well be able to create your own views to put this right, but they remember which parts you had showing when you created them, hence if you (or someone else) is viewing your fancy 3d pdf and they have numerous parts hidden and they decide they want a rear view of it... they click on the rear view you've had to create because the original 'rear' view was actually of the bottom etc etc.. and they get the view you created with all the parts showing???

Its really frustrating as we're close to getting the full version, but there are just one too many things wrong with it..

Along the same lines are the 'isolate' command, where you can't just toggle it on and off, you isolate a part/sub-assembly and then the only way to get back to the previous view is to turn everything back on again...

Looks nice though...

Cheers

Buddha

Reply to
Buddha

Yes I agree....I'm in the same situation.....was close to buy it but think it's too fuzzy to use. And so far I've not been able to open SW

2008 files, has to go via XML. We already use NavisWorks for similar tasks so I think I'll stick to that for the time being. They have a free viewer as well.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L