ghostscript pdf orientation

Guys,

I'm trying to create pdfs using ghostscript. In Proe I print the drawing to the generic postscript, print to file, set the page to A3, and set spin to

  1. Then I save the file as *.ps.

I open GSview, and the drawing comes into view exactly as it is in Proe. The Media button has A3 ticked, and the orientation button has landscape ticked. Everything looks fine.

Then I try to save to pdf, using File/Convert/Pdfwrite.

I accept the default 600 resolution.

I accept the default Fixed Page Size

I create the file.

Then in Acrobat Reader, I open the file. It comes in fine, no error messages, A3 landscape page, but the drawing is rotated 90 degrees and truncates off the top of the page.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

I just figured it out. I shouldn't set the spin to 90 during the Proe print, it needs to be 0.

Then in Ghostview I have to tick 'Rotate Media', and 'Portrait'. This displays the drawing as A3 landscape on the screen.

I had it the other way around, spin set to 90 and 'rotate media' not ticked. I did this to get the display orientation correct. Apparently this affects the display only, but ticking 'rotate media' affects the print output.

Results are now excellent in Acrobat.

Reply to
dakeb