Pdfs from r2001 proe

I know this has been covered before, but I'm really missing something I d/l ghostscript and gsview, hoping I could get pdf printed out from ProE 2001.

I got the files from

on gs and gsview 4.7,I'm running under win xp it just seem like they are not installing correctly, I get a error with the setup and there is no folder shortcut etc. for gsv

Am I needed to get some additional files from the site ? run something on the command line thru a batch file ? Something Ineed to do on the ProE side of output to generic postscript?

I'ts not the end of the world or anything :-) I just want to put some pdf's up on a webpage instead of jpgs... to enable a zoom in for better rez. Should I just forget the whole deal and opt for a pdf writer and do with out the headaches.. or is it I'm just missing something

TIA

Reply to
piearesquared2

guy has a thing called FreeDist which is a front end to GhostScipt. It does things like merging different files into single PDF, other cool stuff. There's a manual, help stuff, a website and he answers questions. But, really, GS installation questions should be addressed to the people who are distributing the software.

There is also something called PDF995 with streamlined, trouble free installation that might be more to your liking.

Reply to
David Janes

Also, here is a good tutorial on using GhostScript/GhostView with ProE

Choose the link 2/3 down the page called Creating PDF drawing files for FREE.

It does

Reply to
ms

This is better.

It also works with GS, but it installs PDF printer, which is capable to print from almost every application.

Dida128

Thanks Dida128

It works great !! I did look at the tutorials at

that when I started wanting to be able to publish pdfs ... It doesn't cover what all is involved in setting up gs etc.....just changing extensions to ps and pdf from ghost view, which I could never get to launch..must be missing a file that I need to config...something But the pdf printer makes it so much easier and works with everything else I have tryed so far, though it does turn thing upside down in Acad, but there is a checkbox to flip....:-)

Was figuring another ProE user had some input on GS Thanks all

Reply to
piearesquared2

The Ghostscript and GSview programs install fine on WinXP. No special configs or options. The only thing to watch for is that Ghostscript is installed FIRST. then GSView. Perhaps this is where you went wrong, as GSView looks for the Ghostscript install to auto-configure itself.

Quote from GSView Readme:

(( First install the AFPL Ghostscript self extracting archive gs850w32.exe (or a later version if available) Then install the GSview self extracting archive gsv47w32.exe. Run GSview.

))

Reply to
Stu

Not to diss any other products or anything, but recently I learned about freeware offered by CutePDF. I tried it and it works fairly well, at least on WF2.0. You can get it at

-Dave Adams-.

Reply to
Dave Adams