Simple Question about Spirals

Hello, I was able to do this once before but for some reason I am unable to do so now :). What I am trying to achieve is to make an overlapping aluminum pipe using a spiral. I want to be able to create the spiral, then extrude it and then flatten it when I am finished. I am hoping that someone knows how to do this and can share with me. The over lap is .5" and the material thicknes is .018"

Thanks

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" wrote in news:Tdhnb.79233$ snipped-for-privacy@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

I've got an example of a flattenable sheetmetal part with overlap made by using the lofted bend function. If you want, it's on my website. Go to the SWParts link and scroll down.

matt

Reply to
matt

Hey, thanks for you help with the overlaping spirals, but there is still one thing i dont get. How did you manage to get Sketch 3 and 4. I am not sure how to get the sketches from the original spiral.

Reply to
Mike

"Mike" wrote in news:cfDnb.48141$7B1.25408 @news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com:

Use "convert entities" in the sketch.