Simple question for the experts...

I'm a novice at SW.

I can make a profile (lets say a simple cylinder) and revolve it to a 3d solid. Generally, how do I drill a hole in the side of the cylinder (90 degrees to the profile)?

Thank you for your time.

Reply to
happy

If your profile is on the front plane (plane 1?, it's been a long time) then sketch another circle on the right plane. Then do a cut extrude.

HTH, Muggs

Reply to
Muggs

Use the Hole Wizard. It will let you pick a point on any non-planar surface and make a hole perpendicular to the face at that point.

matt

"happy" wrote in news:pmTbd.80174$yp.11744 @bignews1.bellsouth.net:

Reply to
matt

Take the profile plane (the plane the profile was drawn on and offset it, you create a new plane using 'insert-referance geomety-new plane' offset it the distance to the outside of the part, select the plane and 'insert features-hole'. Locate the hole to the position wanted... depth... all that jaz and, voila!

Ben

Reply to
Ben Eadie