Sketching/linework using Solidworks instead of Adobe Illustrator

Is there an easy way of doing this? I do graphic design as well as
product design and have come to the conclusion (which didnt take very
long) that creating linework using the CAD method is much quicker than
that of Illustrator.
So is there a way that I can just save out a Solidworks sketch? Or
would I have to extrude the sketch and then create a drawing and
linework from the 3D model?
Thanks
Reply to
will
Exporting to DXF from a drawing is possible in SolidWorks. If you create a sketch, but do not create a solid, when you drag the .SLDPRT file into the drawing window, the sketch shows and that can be saved out as DXF as one of a half dozen or so choices, including image file formats.
Bo
Reply to
Bo
sure you can.. select the sketch entities that you want to have, copy them (ctrl-c), open a new drawing, paste them (ctrl-v)
Reply to
tnik
Make a part with a sketch. Make a drawing of the part. No need to extrude. Make sure sketch is checked under View.
Save line drawing (not shaded) as PDF get vectors out for adobe.
-Blair
Reply to
Blair Sutton
One thing though... when you bring it into Illustrator it'll import as a compound path so you need to right click and release it otherwise some objects are conjoined together.
Reply to
will

Site Timeline